The bank was first organized as a State Bank by a Genoa resident, L. G. Stocks. In 1903, it was moved into the National Bank building and changed to a national bank. In 1939 the Genoa National Bank and First National Bank of Genoa merged and opened for business in the First National Bank building under the name of “The Genoa National Bank”. The bank then changed back to a State Bank in June of 2011 under the name of Genoa Community Bank.
The Genoa Community Bank is a locally owned community bank providing friendly and personal service to individuals and businesses in Genoa, Nebraska and the surrounding communities. Over the years, the Bank has had to weather many different dramatic periods in our history. This Bank has seen two world wars, the boom of the 1920’s, the bust of the 1930’s, the high interest rates of the late 1970’s and early 1980’s, the farm crisis of the 1980’s and now the war on terrorism and economic problems. Through it all, the Bank has stayed well-capitalized and continues to provide a strong service to its local community.
Since moving into the current location in 1972, the Bank has seen dramatic changes in the banking industry that has allowed the bank to significantly increase its product offerings to its customers. The late 1990’s also brought additional improvements to our facility through the addition of new office space and a second drive-up lane. It is these changes and improvements that keeps the Bank on the leading edge, offering a broad range of products and services to our customers. Take a look at our site and check us out. Or stop in or call to get any additional information.
View the Bank’s Privacy Statement